Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25, 2017



Hey everybody. It's crazy, today I'm 13 months now, I'm a teenager again. Wohoo.

This week started out on a nice P-Day to Hermanus. What a beautiful place. Elders Gibbons, Behunin, Myself, and Mthembu hiked Lemoenkop (Lemon Head in Afrikaans) and also stopped at the waterfall on the way. 

On the beautiful drive back we stopped at a pull off and a guy offered to let us take pictures with his bike.... we couldn't turn down the offer. People say their mission is the most beautiful but mine is on top for sure haha. South Africa is such a beautiful country full of so many cool things.

This week we were able to get a new investigator and we saw a lot of members and had tons of DA's (dinner appointments) cause elder Matare is going home this week Wednesday.

Saturday rolled around and I was really anxious for transfer news. I was really expecting to be leaving but I got the call and.....

I'll be staying - which means I'll be here till mid December at least, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. What's funny is my "son", Elder Milne, will be Elder Mthembu's next companion so it'll be fun to have him around and in the ward and district. 

Saturday we also had a fun game night FHE with the Malaza family. They're one of the best in the ward. 

On Sunday it was Heritage Day and previously I had a Mama in our area make me a cool custom Xhosa shirt that I chose the fabrics and pattern for. So on Sunday, I dressed like a Xhosa and I was the Whitest Xhosa there. All of the missionaries got to speak and we got some great pictures. I love Xhosa culture, I'm afraid after mission I'll just come back and live here haha. 

Sunday evening we had a great DA at the Mtilas and afterwards we went and had a farewell party for Elder Matare at Bishops and it turned into a Suprise Birthday Party for Elder Mthembu too. It was super fun. Bishop and his wife are the funniest people ever. 

Well, change is coming........ later haha. Until next week in Mandalay

Elder Smith

p.s. nobody spoil conference for me, we'll be watching it on tape delay a week later so no conference reports till then thanks!













No comments:

Post a Comment