Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017

Hey everyone! Time is flying and my time in Mandalay may be wrapping up soon. I'll receive transfer news this week so I'll be finding out if I'll be staying or leaving. 

This week has been pretty good, different than most. 

A less active family in our ward's father passed away at 79 so we've been busy spending time with them and helping the family. We attended a prayer meeting with them a few times in the evenings. I got to speak a bit one of them. Then on Friday, we went to the slaughtering haha.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures but it was pretty crazy, and kind of gross. I helped carry one of the sheep from the truck to the place where they were to kill them. It's interesting how they do it though. 

Saturday we went to the funeral in the morning and I played the piano for the service at the chapel. We then went with the procession to the burial service in the cemetery. It was the first funeral I've been to and it was pretty cool. I'm glad we were able to help the family during this time when they needed it.  Afterwards, we went to their home and feasted on the sheep we slaughtered previous. That was nice. 

We've got a lot of DA's lined up this week as elder Matare will be finishing his mission and I may be leaving the area so things are wrapping up. 

Well until next week! Today we are off to Hermanus to watch whales! Hopefully, we'll see some. Until next week.

Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment