Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016



Hello everyone again! 

Mthatha is still the promised land. Yesterday we confirmed those whom we baptized last week and Saturday we have the baptisms of the two Bikitsha boys (the mom and daughters were baptized last week). It'll be fun to see their whole family baptized. 

Brother Albert is going to be a very strong member. He loves the gospel and he will probably be getting the Aaronic preisthood and a calling this coming Sunday. It's fun to see him progressing so well. 

We're running out of investigators so keep praying that we'll be able to find more people to teach, and also pray for fellowshippers. We can't teach without them and many of ours are getting busy with work so some days we can't teach. But we'll keep doing our best here in Mthatha to help everyone. I keep telling Elder Zongoro I love it here because I really do. It's great to be serving the lord every single day and gaining an even stronger testimony and understanding of the scriptures myself while helping people with their testimony. 

Elder Goss is our new greenie in the boarding. He replaced Elder Faingata'a in the Mthatha South Area. He's from Alpine UT and seems like he's going to be a great missionary. He loves to cook too so that's not a bad thing either. We'll miss Elder Faingata'a though, it's always fun to have a Tongan around.

Monday for P-Day we went to a big mountain and drove around and man, Africa is beautiful. I don't know if I'll want to leave. The bottom of the mountain reminded me of pine valley mountain but with a lot more pine trees. As we drove higher it turned into a jungle and yo! It was beautiful. There was a waterfall and stream through part of the road and man it reminded me of the jungle cruise and the queue for the indiana jones ride at disneyland. The birds sound so amazing hear and it really is weird to think I'm in Africa. It's pretty awesome. We took our fellowshippers Brother Q and Sabelo and a member Misouli. It was a blast driving and hiking around!

Unfortunately we had to get our car serviced on Friday for the 30000 km service so we couldn't proselyte and when we went to pick it up on Saturday they said they were closed until today, so we've been carless. And I'll just say, I'd rather be a busy missionary than a lazy one because it stinks not having anything to do. I must admit I got some good study time and a nap in but it was really not my favourite. Teaching people is WAY better. 

It was hard to find out that my Great Grandpa Reeder passed away on the 24th. It's been the only time I've cried on mission but it's great to have a knowledge that he's in a much better place because of the Plan of Salvation. I can't wait someday to be able to see him again and it's fun to think that he's up there watching. He was a wonderful example of someone who served their family, country, and lord with all their heart, might, mind and strength. I miss him a lot but I know he's just on the other side of the veil in a much better place than here. 

All is well, keep praying for the investigators and recent converts. Everything helps!

Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment