Monday, November 7, 2016

Bikitsha boys and us on baptism day
Hey everyone! 
Another week by in the field!

The week has been great, last Monday for p-day we went to the mountain again and found a different road that was a drive up to the very top! it was so beautiful to see all of Mthatha and surrounding areas. It was so green it reminded me of when I was in Switzerland.

This week we've been busy with a lot of new investigators and meeting with our recent converts. Brother Albert is a very strong recent convert and he is doing great! He loves the gospel and is progressing well and will be getting ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood this coming Sunday. Keep praying that his family back in Cape Town will be receptive to the elders teaching them there.

We baptized the two Bikitsha boys yesterday and it was a wonderful baptism service. It was wonderful to see that now their whole family has been baptized and can work towards going to the temple. They will be getting the Holy Ghost this coming Sunday and it's going to be great! 

Mthatha is keeping us busy though and although a few days we've been out a car last weekend due to service we're still going strong.

Elder Goss is Elder Hernandez's companion

and it's interesting to hear the Utah accent because it sounds really funny now haha. I think my talking has changed a bit but I stil sound like a Utahn, but I can really hear now the funnyness of the accent.

Many ask what I've been eating and to be honest I haven't tried anything really bad, and usually we cook our own food so here's a rundown of the typical day's eats.

Breakfast
Cereal (cornflakes with sugar)

Lunch (mix and match depending on the day with these things)
Fried, mashed, or baked potatoes.
Vegetables
Pap
Rice
Chicken (stir-fried with noodles, baked, boiled, pulled and made into sandwich, etc)
Sandwiches (Chicken, Grilled Cheese, or Tuna)
Pasta (spaghetti with mince meat)

Dinner (same as lunch unless we have a Dinner Appointment which are very rare, which is usually a traditional Xhosa meal, Half a boiled potato, rice, spinach/kale boiled, chicken, and boiled carrots)

I've perfected my Xhosa steamed bread recipe and it's really good, I've also used the dough to make scones and man I wish I could make them every day. I'm also a pro at not crying while cutting onions now because we use them in everything haha.

I appreciate the prayers and all of the support from back home. I hope this week is filled with more fun adventures and lots of progression from investigators. 

All is well and until next week! 


Elder Smith
My Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment