Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016

Hello everyone!

Mthatha is great! I went on exchanges with Elder Mmomotong Tuesday (the Zone Leader from Queenstown) and it went well. I didn't forget the area or get lost at all! Thanks for your prayers! 

Our 5 baptisms is now three (hopefully five) because the two boys in the family went for break (spring break) so they weren't able to get interviewed and we had to reschedule the baptism for this coming sunday on the 16th. But all is well! 

We went on district exchanges too so I got to spend Thursday with Elder Faingata'a and Friday with Elder Hernandez. They're great missionaries and it's fun to learn from them. 

Sunday I had to give a talk and teach elders quorum (like most Sundays) but I've realized that as I rely on the spirit I can teach really well. As I practice I think these teaching experiences will help me further in life with my public speaking and possible career as a Professor. Mission is great because not only does it teach you qualities about yourself, but you improve your spiritual self, physical self, mental self. It is a wonderful experience. As we turn to God He really helps through all things. 

Sunday we also drove to Queenstown for Zone training. We had a miracle on the drive. We started the drive with 200 km and 3/4 tank petrol. We didn't want to have to buy petrol on Sunday so we prayed that we would be able to make it. As we drove and reached the sign that said 107 km left, we had 1/4 tank petrol. We all realized we didn't have enough petrol to make it but we didn't want to buy on Sunday so we prayed and kept driving. We passed the last petrol station with 70km left to drive. We kept driving with 1/8 tank. Somehow we made it the last 107km with 1/4 tank petrol. The car ran on empty the last 20km but the fuel light didn't go on at all. When we filled up this morning we filled up more fuel than our tank would've been empty with. It really was a miracle. Test the promises of god. As we keep his commandments and rely on him he really will bless our lives. 

Today I'm 19, I don't feel any older and almost forgot about my birthday but I only have one more on mission. I can't believe how time flies. 

Well until the next email. 

Love and care from Queenstown, EC, SA

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment