Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hey everyone

2017 is gone and 2018 is here.... it's weird to think I'll be home this year but I still got a long while for that. 

These two weeks have flown by and I've stayed pretty busy. 

In summation because I can't remember it all, Christmas was nice, it was really laid back and we had a good time skyping. This past week though has been really busy. 

Thursday I flew to Cape Town for AP Exchanges with Elder Keetch. It's been fun to be with him since we haven't been together really since the MTC. He's an awesome elder. While we were there the fellowshipper actually had an accordion which was funny. Cape Town is really dry now, it's crazy how much the water has decreased there. Hopefully they get some rain soon. Friday was a full day in Cape Town. Saturday I was on my way back and caught the flight early in the morning back to East London. Just before we landed, the plane accelerated again and ascended back up, apparently, there was no visual on the ground due to a thick fog, sooooo..... we had to turn around and fly to Port Elizabeth. So, with that delay, I got some free food at the airport courtesy of the airline.... and once the weather cleared I was back in the air to MD and luckily we were able to land. 

When I got back we went to our ward Christmas party, which was again canceled, and so it being a slow day, it was chill and we got back later that evening. New Years Eve came on Sunday and we had to end the day early... East London town was a lot more chill then Mthatha.... so I slept nice but was super tired in the morning. 

Yesterday was fun.... We went to the Steenbeck's (in East London by Christmas Rock) and they stay in a beautiful place. They have a private river inlet and beach so we threw around a Frisbee and collected some shells. We went back and Sister Steenbeck made some nice food and me and Brother Steenbeck played their piano, he likes to play ragtime too so we had some fun. 

Other than that, time is going and 2018 is already on it's way...

Until next week.

Elder Smith

Steenbeck's beach


Parts of a shipwreck on the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment