Monday, November 6, 2017

November 6, 2017


Well Mandalay's done........ crazy ya....  transfers came.... but back to Monday. 

Monday Elder Milne and I had a good time going to Somerset Mall and looking around there. We spoiled ourselves with a hamburger. 

This week Elder Milne and I we were working hard and we actually got two new investigators which is good because the area will be able to get back up and running again. Elder Milne is learning his new area fast which is good. 

Friday was an awesome Zone Conference with Elder Koch of the Seventy and his wife. They gave awesome trainings and he was a really humble guy. I loved it a lot. The food was good too so that was nice. It's amazing how much these General Authorities know.... pretty powerful stuff. 

Saturday was one of the best days ever. In the morning we went and cooked bacon and eggs and made German pancakes at the Malaza's and afterwards, we painted a bedroom. That was a blast and we had a great time. Later in the evening we had nice vetkoeks with chips and really had some fun singing and ended with a nice gospel discussion. I'm really going to miss the members, and the Malaza family a lot. 

Saturday round about 10:00 I got a call from President Lebethoa asking if I could go be a Zone Leader in Mdantsane Zone (in East London) so needless to say, I'll be flying out Wednesday afternoon to be with Elder Palavi, an islander from Australia so that'll be fun. It'll be a whole new experience but I trust it's all for good. Elder Zongoro will be going home this week and Elder Mthembu will be with Elder Reedy in East London, so Elder Milne will be taking over Mandalay and Training haha! I'll have a grandson now. We'll try and take a 4 generation picture come Wednesday of all of us, Zongoro-->Smith-->Milne-->Fulmer? I don't know the spelling yet. 

Well big changes; Sunday was a lot of goodbyes, and a baptism for the other Elders. I'll miss everyone this side. From my Muslim friends from Egypt and Pakistan and India, to Pat's little girl, who's hair is my favourite in the world... I'll miss Mandalay a lot. 

Well until next week in Eastern Cape again.


Elder Smith



The Squad

Elder Milne's and Mthembu's Baptism

Sister Pat and the Girls

The "Wonder" House

Terresa and Coffart's Family

The Malazas


The room we painted at the Malazas

Steam Bread and Mince

Mahbub the Spaza Guy and Myself






No comments:

Post a Comment