Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Letter 2

Everything is well here in Africa. I still can't send pics and because President Merrill needed all the Cape Town missionaries a day early so I'll fly out Monday for Cape Town and I'll be there Monday night. Because that's their p-day I won't be in contact for about two weeks- sorry about that. Anyway, I'm losing weight but that's ok because I'll gain it all back hopefully in Cape Town six days from now. The MTC has flown by. 

President Ashton did transfers last Friday so now I'm with a new companion and we're now the zone leaders. My new companion is elder Keetch and he's awesome. A fun fact is his dad is a seventy for the church so that's cool. I miss elder Kruse but Keetch is way good. Here's the layout of the "New" district I'm with. It's by far the most fun and spiritual district. 

Smith ZL Cape Town -UT
Keetch ZL Cape Town -UT
Mott DL Cape Town -UT
Till Zimbabwe -Austria
(George) Lucas -haha- Zimbabwe -Australia
Green Zimbabwe -New Zealand
Bozer Cape Town -AZ
Aydelotte Cape Town -UT

The Johannesburg Temple is tiny!! But it's so beautiful inside, especially the baptistry and celestial room. The session all us Elders did was amazing- doing the family names was quite an experience and I can't wait to go back this Thursday and do another session. While eating in the cafeteria (which made the best burger and fries in the world by far) I saw Paul Graf, one of my old stake presidents. He's such a wonderful guy and it was fun to see a familiar face.

Here's some recommendations from my studies to read
2 Nephi (chapters) 2, 31, and 32
Alma (chapters) 12, 42
3 Nephi (chapters) 11, 12

I'll hopefully be in contact soon after my arrival to Cape Town but we'll see what happens. 

Until next time

Elder Smith
Fly Out Group

"Ibis - the most annoying birds in the world. That's a fact."

With Elder Kruse at MTC

Joburg Temple

With Elder Kruse at temple

New District

New District at temple

New Companion, Elder Keetch

No comments:

Post a Comment