Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017


Bro. Sabelo, Elder Thulari, Bro. Albert, Elder Smith

Home made fajitas with chicken, peppers, cheese, and homemade tortillas with imported American taco seasoning

Last district meeting in Mthatha

Madlala Family

Elders and Branch members

My apple spice cake I made (I can't wait to make it at home)

Nomkuca Family with Elders and Qamani (Mama Mbonyana's Grandson)

Sister Thumaini and Brother Said Mafu

The Dynamic Duo
Hello everyone! This has been a great week but a sad week as I'll be closing my time Mthatha today. On Friday I recieved transfer news from President Merrill that I'll be finishing the last 6 weeks of training Elder Milne (also from St. George, haha!) in Port Elisabeth, Kwano Buhle (I think) Zone, in the great area of Kwa Magxaki! Pronounced (Kwah - mah - side click {and} aahhh {together) - key)

I'm truly excited to go and preach the gospel in another area of the Lord's vineyard. Especially one a little closer to the ocean haha. It's going to be a big nice change but I'm really going to miss the people and area of Mthatha. 

I'll be boarding a 45 min flight tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3pm so we'll be driving to East London tomorrow morning about 7am which means a lot of packing tonight, and making weight again... :( 

Time is really flying on mission though, I'll turn 5 months next week and I'll be a quarter done in February. I didn't expect time to move like it is but next thing I know I'll be on the flight home (figuratively). 

The tornado cleanup is going well but quite slow... we're still awaiting budget from the EL Stake and still waiting for everything to dry. We've had rain on and off for the past week now and almost another tornado in Ikwezi by the chapel so the storms aren't ceasing yet unfortunately. 

The work is progressing well in Mthatha though and yesterday we had a nice, full, sacrament meeting. Brother Albert is still awesome and Mama Mayeki and the other recent converts are doing well. We're excited for our new investigator Luxolo because he's been bringing his brother and friends to our lessons so they're growing in the gospel as well!

I'll be getting my new mission president in July. He was just announced. His name is President Thabo Lebethoa, the former stake president of Soweto Stake. It's awesome because he's the first black mission president of a South African mission and he's only 41 years old with 4 kids under 13 I think, so the mission home is going to be a fun wild place haha. 

This week has been a lot of goodbyes but I'm excited for what the Lord has in store. He truly loves us and as we turn to him to guide our lives we will be strengthened and buoyed up. Until next week in Kwa Magxaki!

Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment